First-quarter report 2022
April 26, 2022
Record orders and healthy profitability despite supply chain constraints
The comparison figures presented in this report refer to previous year unless otherwise stated.
- Orders received increased 33% to MSEK 40 379 (30 468), organic growth of 23%
- Revenues increased 16% to MSEK 30 086 (26 021), organic growth of 7%
- Operating profit increased 25% to MSEK 6 749 (5 387), corresponding to a margin of 22.4% (20.7)
- Adjusted operating profit, excluding items affecting comparability, was MSEK 6 525 (5 649), corresponding to a margin of 21.7% (21.7)
- Profit before tax amounted to MSEK 6 671 (5 343)
- Basic earnings per share were SEK 4.28 (3.38)
- Operating cash flow at MSEK 2 400 (4 321)
- Return on capital employed was 27% (23)
Near-term demand outlook
Although the world’s current economic development makes the outlook uncertain, Atlas Copco expects that the customers’ activity level will remain high, but weaken compared to the very high level in the first quarter.
Previous near-term demand outlook (published January 25, 2022):
Atlas Copco expects that the customers’ business activity level will remain at the current high level.
Quarterly and annual financial data in Excel format can be found at:
For more information please contact:
This information is information that Atlas Copco AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the contact person set out above, at 11:00 CEST on April 26, 2022.
Atlas Copco Group
Great ideas accelerate innovation. At Atlas Copco we have been turning industrial ideas into business-critical benefits since 1873. By listening to our customers and knowing their needs, we deliver value and innovate with the future in mind. In 2021, Atlas Copco had revenues of BSEK 111 and at year end about 43 000 employees.