Our business partners
We cooperate with business partners who share our respect for human rights and high standards for safety, quality, ethical behavior and resource efficiency. We perform regular on-site audits to safeguard that our business partners are aligned with our standards.
We encourage our business partners to use our Code of Conduct Training, which we make available online to everyone. It provides concrete examples of what it means to behave ethically in our everyday work.
Our Prohibited and Declarable Lists
We maintain lists of substances that are either prohibited or restricted due to their potential negative impact on health or the environment. Compliance with these lists is part of our Business Partner Criteria for evaluating business partners. The substances of concern are controlled through our Atlas Copco Group Prohibited and Declarable list.
Distinction is made between Prohibited, Phase-out and Declarable substances:
- Prohibited substances must not be included unless clearly exempted in the Prohibited and Declarable List.
- Phase-out substances will soon be included in the Prohibited List and must be phased out.
- Declarable substances must be reported. Avoiding all substances on the Atlas Copco Group Prohibited List and correctly informing about all declarable substances is part of compliance with the business partner compliance criteria.
- Products sold by the Atlas Copco Group
- Items delivered to the Atlas Copco Group by any business partners such as suppliers, contractors, and subcontractors
- Production processes outsourced by the Atlas Copco Group
Business partners must check their own compliance using the lists below and take the following actions:
|Prohibited substances||Phase-out substances||Declarable substances|
|Existing items||DO NOT USE||REPLACE||AVOID/ REPORT IF USED|
|New items||DO NOT USE||DO NOT USE||AVOID|
All substances in the Prohibited List and Declarable List are also contained in a combined list with different filters to make compliance easier for suppliers. We expect our suppliers to adhere to these lists, as well as to any applicable national legislation.