Our recruitment process
A journey with us begins with the recruitment process. We want this process to be as smooth and straightforward as possible. On this page you can find more information about the application process, our expectations on job seekers and also get some tips and tricks from our recruiters. Sounds interesting? We look forward to hearing from you.
Recruiter tips and insights
Show that you’re a good fit for the offered job opportunity by giving us an insight into your qualifications, let us know why you are the right person for the job. While preparing for an interview, think of a few ideas on how we can be successful together. Remember, experience is important, but your character and personality are equally significant.
I get excited when candidates express their zest for innovation in a sparkling interaction and therefore transcend the traditional interview. Out-of-the-box thinking is completely in line with our corporate vision, as we tend to challenge the status quo on a daily basis. We want to attract people that radiate passion. So just be your authentic self and you’ll be able to drive your own professional journey in our diverse, multinational company. The opportunities are endless, where will your passion take you?
Our selection process
Expectations - Who are we looking for?
Your skills and competence matter, just as much as your values.
Our Talent Framework describes the five competencies that drive our success and help to set the behaviors expected by all our employees – current and future. We are looking for people who:
- Lead themselves
- Drive customer success
- Focus on team success
- Improve business results
- Commit to sustainable growth
- You are passionate about your mission and take accountability for your actions.
- You are curious and resourceful. You take responsibility for and engage in your own self development.
- You build formal and informal networks that you continuously collaborate with.
Drive customer success
- You keep your commitments and seek feedback to continuously deliver value and satisfaction to your internal and/or external customers.
- You build strong customer relationships and deliver customer centric solutions.
Focus on team success
- You work collaboratively with others, looking for better ways to deliver lasting results.
- You share your knowledge and experience with team members and build on the diversity of others.
- You take actions to maximize team performance and potential, creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best.
Improve business results
- You understand our business and the value that your tangible contributions have on our business success.
- You embrace change, make things happen and create innovative ways for the business to be successful.
- You take on tough challenges and deliver results, utilizing available resources and leveraging modern technology.
Commit to sustainable growth
- You are committed to conducting business in an ethical manner, supporting the Group sustainability goals.
- You act in line with The Way We Do Things (Group-wide strategies, processes, principles, guidelines, and shared best practices) and the Code of Conduct.
- You contribute to creating and maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and proactively limit our impact on the environment.
A well-written and well-structured resume will allow your competence and skills to play the main role! Here are some tips on how to write a good resume.
- Explain at the top of your resume why you are applying for the job and what exactly you can add to the company.
- Your experience is more than your title. Explain your title and tell more concretely what you did in previous employments as well as what responsibilities you had. Two or three sentences per employment is a general recommendation.
- If you have participated in projects in addition to regular tasks - try to highlight what you have learned and what results you have achieved as well as describing the tasks.
- To avoid misunderstandings and ensure the recruiter and recruiting manager understands what you know, list the program and systems that you have knowledge in. It makes it easier to search in your resume.
Finally, highlight how we can contact you. Via e-mail, phone?
Are you invited to an interview with us? We are looking forward to meeting you! At Atlas Copco Group we recruit competency based because we want to find the right candidate for the job. We put focus on, as the name suggests, on the competencies that are most important to the job. What these competencies are has been decided in the beginning of the recruitment process. The competencies are usually both hard – and soft skills. Examples of competency-based interview questions:
- Give us an example of a situation when you had to adapt to new ways of working
- Give us an example of when you supported a colleague
If you have any extra questions on your own – make sure to ask them, usually towards the end of the interview.