First-quarter report 2020
April 23, 2020
Order level remained high before the COVID-19 downturn
- Order intake increased 5% to MSEK 28 039 (26 812), organic decline of 2%
- Revenues reached MSEK 25 098 (24 181), organic decline of 3%
- Adjusted operating profit, excluding items affecting comparability, decreased 3% to MSEK 5 099 (5 262), corresponding to a margin of 20.3% (21.8)
- Reported operating profit was MSEK 5 124 (5 048), corresponding to a margin of 20.4% (20.9)
- Profit before tax amounted to MSEK 5 010 (4 907)
- Basic earnings per share were SEK 3.16 (3.05)
- Operating cash flow at MSEK 3 825 (2 529)
- Return on capital employed was 29% (33)
- Proposal of postponement of the formal resolution for the second dividend installment
Near-term demand outlook
The current economic situation makes the outlook very uncertain, but demand is expected to deteriorate significantly in most industries and regions.
Previous near-term demand outlook (published January 28, 2020):The demand for Atlas Copco’s products and services is expected to be somewhat lower than the level in the fourth quarter.
Quarterly and annual financial data in Excel format can be found at:
For more information please contact:
This information is information that Atlas Copco AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the contact person set out above, at 11.00 CEST on April 23, 2020.
Atlas Copco Group
Great ideas accelerate innovation. At Atlas Copco we have been turning industrial ideas into business-critical benefits since 1873. By listening to our customers and knowing their needs, we deliver value and innovate with the future in mind.
In 2019, Atlas Copco had revenues of BSEK104 (BEUR 10) and at year end about 39 000 employees.