Atlas Copco first-quarter report 2018
April 25, 2018
Record order intake and strong profit development
The figures presented in this report refer to continuing operations unless otherwise stated, i.e. Epiroc is reported as discontinued operations. All figures are presented in accordance with IFRS 15 (Revenue from contracts with customers), meaning that figures for 2017 differ from what has earlier been reported.
- Orders received increased 6% to MSEK 24 829 (23 325), organic growth of 9%
- Revenues increased to MSEK 21 906 (20 578), organic growth of 9%
- Adjusted operating profit, excluding items affecting comparability, was MSEK 4 779 (4 412), corresponding to a margin of 21.8% (21.4)
- Reported operating profit increased 13% to 4 833 (4 290), corresponding to a margin of 22.1% (20.8)
- Profit before tax amounted to MSEK 4 513 (4 058)
- Profit for the period was MSEK 3 340 (2 896)
- Within discontinued operations, Epiroc recorded orders received of MSEK 10 036 (8 520), up 21% organically, revenues of MSEK 8 233 (7 411), up 14% organically. See page 14
- Operating cash flow including discontinued operation was MSEK 2 724 (3 510)
- Basic earnings per share including discontinued operations were SEK 3.64 (3.29)
- The Annual General Meeting 2018 approved the proposal to split the Group
Near-term demand outlook
The overall demand for the Group is expected to remain at current high level. Previous near-term demand outlook (published January 26, 2018). The overall demand for the Group is expected to remain at current high level.
For more information please contact:
This information is information that Atlas Copco AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact persons set out above, at 8.30 CEST on April 25, 2018. Atlas Copco is a world-leading provider of sustainable productivity solutions. The Group serves customers through its innovative compressors, vacuum solutions, generators, pumps, power tools and assembly systems. Atlas Copco develops products and services focused on productivity, energy efficiency, safety and ergonomics. The company was founded in 1873, is based in Stockholm, Sweden, and has a global reach spanning more than 180 countries. In 2017, Atlas Copco had revenues of BSEK 86 (BEUR 9) and about 34 000 employees.