July 17, 2017
Strong customer demand and record profit
The figures presented in this report refer to continuing operations unless otherwise stated.
• Orders increased 22% to MSEK 30 797 (25 207), organic increase of 11%
• Revenues were MSEK 29 030 (24 565), organic growth of 7%
• Operating profit increased 26% to MSEK 5 988 (4 769)
• Adjusted operating profit was MSEK 6 244 (4 816), corresponding to a margin of 21.5% (19.6)
• Profit before tax amounted to MSEK 5 620 (4 428)
• Profit for the period was MSEK 4 084 (3 198)
• Basic earnings per share were SEK 3.36 (2.63)
• Operating cash flow at MSEK 4 838 (3 487), including discontinued operations
• Power Technique: New name for Construction Technique
• Epiroc launched as the name for the business that is planned to be dividended out to shareholders in 2018
Near-term demand outlook
The overall demand for the Group is expected to remain at current high level.
Previous near-term demand outlook (published April 26, 2017):
The overall demand for the Group is expected to improve somewhat.
This information is information that Atlas Copco AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the contact persons set out above, at 11.00 CEST on July 17, 2017.
Atlas Copco is a world-leading provider of sustainable productivity solutions. The Group serves customers with innovative compressors, vacuum solutions and air treatment systems, construction and mining equipment, power tools and assembly systems. Atlas Copco develops products and services focused on productivity, energy efficiency, safety and ergonomics. The company was founded in 1873, is based in Stockholm, Sweden, and has a global reach spanning more than 180 countries. In 2016, Atlas Copco had revenues of BSEK 101 (BEUR 11) and about 45 000 employees.