Atlas Copco to utilize mandates to repurchase and sell shares
Stockholm, Sweden, April 27, 2017: The Board of Atlas Copco AB has decided to use the mandates granted by the Annual General Meeting for the repurchase and sale of shares at one or more occasions until the next Annual General Meeting.
The mandates cover:
1) The acquisition of not more than 2,950,000 series A shares, whereof a maximum of 2,900,000 may be transferred to option holders under the performance based personnel option plan 2017.
2) The acquisition of not more than 70,000 series A shares, later to be sold on the market in connection with payment to Board members who have opted to receive synthetic shares as part of their remuneration.
3) The sale of not more than 30,000 series A shares to cover costs related to previously issued synthetic shares to Board members.
4) The sale of a maximum 5,100,000 series A and series B shares currently held by the company, for the purpose of covering costs of fulfilling obligations related to the performance based personnel option plans 2012, 2013 and 2014.
Repurchases and sales are subject to market conditions, regulatory restrictions and the capital structure at any given time.
The number of issued shares is presently 1,229,613,104 whereof 839,394,096 series A shares and 390,219,008 series B shares.
For more information please contact:
- Håkan Osvald, Senior Vice President General Counsel
+46 8 743 8995
- Ola Kinnander, Media Relations Manager
+46 8 743 8060 or +46 70 347 2455
This information is information that Atlas Copco AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the contact persons set out above, at 8.35 am CEST on April 27, 2017.
Atlas Copco is a world-leading provider of sustainable productivity solutions. The Group serves customers with innovative compressors, vacuum solutions and air treatment systems, construction and mining equipment, power tools and assembly systems. Atlas Copco develops products and services focused on productivity, energy efficiency, safety and ergonomics. The company was founded in 1873, is based in Stockholm, Sweden, and has a global reach spanning more than 180 countries. In 2016, Atlas Copco had revenues of BSEK 101 (BEUR 11) and about 45 000 employees.