Our financial goals
- Atlas Copco has a goal of 8% annual revenue growth, measured over a business cycle
- To deliver sustained high return on capital employed by constantly striving for operational excellence and generating growth
- Distribute about 50% of earnings as dividends to shareholders
How we’re doing
- Our ambition is to grow faster than the most important competitors. Growth should primarily be organic, supported by selective acquisitions.
As of 2020, our 10-year average for annual revenue growth was 8% 1)
- For the period 2017-2020 the average return on capital employed was 29% 2)
- As of 2020, the dividend has averaged 55% of basic earnings per share during the last 10 years.
1 ) Currency adjusted. Figures for the years 2011–2016 are best estimated numbers, as the effects of the distribution of Epiroc and restatements for IFRS 15 are not fully reconciled.
2) Figures for the years between 2011 and 2017 are best estimated numbers, as the effects of the distribution of Epiroc and restatements for IFRS 15 are not fully reconciled.
- For more information about our financial performance, please see our latest Annual Report.
Related Global Goals
Global Goal 8: Decent work and economic growth
- We promote economic development in the local communities where we operate through the payment of fair salaries, taxes, pension and social security contributions. We have high standards for human rights and labor rights, both internally and in our value chain. We measure success against the triple bottom line of people, planet and profit; we must succeed in all three areas in order to secure our long-term success. We hold our business partners to the same high standards.
Global Goal 9: Industry, innovation and infrastructure
- Our financial success enables us to continuously invest in research and development, leading to innovations that in turn help our customers to deliver the products and infrastructure we all depend on in our daily lives.