Interim report on Q4 and full-year summary 2021
January 25, 2022
Continued high demand, record revenues and operating profit
The comparison figures presented in this report refer to previous year unless otherwise stated.
- Orders received increased 30% to MSEK 33 525 (25 868), organic growth of 26%
- Revenues increased 15% to MSEK 29 533 (25 738), organic growth of 12%
- Operating profit increased 16% to MSEK 6 248 (5 373), corresponding to a margin of 21.2% (20.9)
- Adjusted operating profit, excluding items affecting comparability, was MSEK 6 462 (5 402), corresponding to a margin of 21.9% (21.0)
- Profit before tax amounted to MSEK 6 250 (5 293)
- Basic earnings per share were SEK 4.01 (3.45)
- Operating cash flow at MSEK 6 650 (6 459)
- Return on capital employed was 27% (23)
- The Board of Directors proposes:
- Ordinary dividend for 2021 of SEK 7.60 (7.30) per share, to be paid in two installments
- Extra distribution of SEK 8.00 per share through mandatory redemption of shares
- 4:1 share split of ordinary shares
Near-term demand outlook
Atlas Copco expects that the customers’ business activity level will remain at the current high level.
Previous near-term demand outlook (published October 21, 2021):
Atlas Copco expects that the customers’ business activity level will remain high, but weaken compared to the very high level in the third quarter.
Quarterly and annual financial data in Excel format can be found at:
For more information please contact:
This information is information that Atlas Copco AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the contact person set out above, at 12:00 CET on January 25, 2022.
Atlas Copco Group
Great ideas accelerate innovation. At Atlas Copco we have been turning industrial ideas into business-critical benefits since 1873. By listening to our customers and knowing their needs, we deliver value and innovate with the future in mind. In 2021, Atlas Copco had revenues of BSEK111 and at year end about 43 000 employees.