Atlas Copco Interim report on Q4 and full-year summary 2019 (unaudited)
January 28, 2020
Growth and solid margin end a record year
The figures for previous year in this report refer to continuing operations unless otherwise stated
- Orders increased 8% to MSEK 25 625 (23 743), organic growth of 1%
- Record revenues at MSEK 27 319 (25 321), organic growth of 1%
- Reported operating profit decreased 1% to MSEK 5 627 (5 661), corresponding to a margin of 20.6% (22.4)
- Adjusted operating profit, excluding items affecting comparability, increased 7% to MSEK 5 913 (5 549) corresponding to a margin of 21.6% (21.9)
- Profit before tax amounted to MSEK 5 572 (5 934)
- MSEK 5 858 (5 460), excluding items affecting comparability
- Basic earnings per share were SEK 3.55 (4.29)
- 3.74 (3.42) excluding items affecting comparability
- Operating cash flow at 5 084 (4 970)
- The Board of Directors proposes a dividend of SEK 7.00 per share (6.30), to be paid in two installments
- Return on capital employed was 30% (33)
Near-term demand outlook
The demand for Atlas Copco’s products and services is expected to be somewhat lower than the level in the fourth quarter.
Previous near-term demand outlook (published October 21, 2019):
The demand for Atlas Copco’s products and services is expected to be somewhat lower than the level in the third quarter.
For more information please contact:
This information is information that Atlas Copco AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the contact person set out above, at 12.00 CET on January 28, 2020.
Atlas Copco Group
Great ideas accelerate innovation. At Atlas Copco we have been turning industrial ideas into business-critical benefits since 1873. By listening to our customers and knowing their needs, we deliver value and innovate with the future in mind.
In 2019, Atlas Copco had revenues of BSEK104 (BEUR 10) and at year end about 39 000 employees.