Atlas Copco’s Capital Markets Day 2014
November 19, 2014
Stockholm, Sweden, November 19, 2014: Atlas Copco, a leading provider of sustainable productivity solutions, today hosts its annual capital markets day, in Charlotte, North Carolina, USA. The event will provide an update of the Group’s strategy and market situation, and will demonstrate the company’s innovations.
Ronnie Leten, President and CEO, confirms Atlas Copco’s most recent outlook statement, that the overall demand for the Group’s products and services is expected to increase somewhat in the near term.
“The market has been mixed this year, with healthy demand from industrial manufacturing customers and softer activities in the mining and construction segments,” said Ronnie Leten. “We are continuing to adapt wherever needed. We remain highly focused on providing our customers with innovative products and service to enhance their productivity and competitiveness.”
The capital markets day begins with presentations by Ronnie Leten; Hans Ola Meyer, Chief Financial Officer; and the Business Area Presidents: Nico Delvaux, Compressor Technique; Mats Rahmström, Industrial Technique; Johan Halling, Mining and Rock Excavation Technique; and Andrew Walker, Construction Technique.
Special focus will be on innovation and Atlas Copco’s business in the United States, and the day includes an exhibition at the company’s factory in Rock Hill, South Carolina. Innovative features to be discussed include:
- Assembly technologies for lightweight materials in the automotive and other industries.
- The enormous energy savings realized with the variable-speed drive compressors championed by Atlas Copco. The company will also present breakthrough energy effective vacuum pumps with variable-speed drive technology that are not yet in the market.
- Automation in the mining industry, a key feature for increased productivity and safety.
- New energy efficient and productive products for the construction industry, such as diesel-driven pumps.
For more information please contact:
- Mattias Olsson, Vice President Investor Relations +46 (0)8 743 8295 or +46 (0)72 729 8295 [email protected]
- Ola Kinnander, Media Relations Manager +46 (0)8 743 8060 or +46 (0)70 347 2455 [email protected]
Atlas Copco discloses the information provided herein pursuant to the Securities Markets Act and/or the Financial Instruments Trading Act.
Atlas Copco is a world-leading provider of sustainable productivity solutions. The Group serves customers with innovative compressors, vacuum solutions and air treatment systems, construction and mining equipment, power tools and assembly systems. Atlas Copco develops products and service focused on productivity, energy efficiency, safety and ergonomics. The company was founded in 1873, is based in Stockholm, Sweden, and has a global reach spanning more than 180 countries. In 2013, Atlas Copco had revenues of BSEK 84 (BEUR 9.7) and more than 40 000 employees.