Third-quarter report 2023
October 25, 2023
Solid orders, record revenues and operating profit
- Orders received increased 5% to MSEK 42 606 (40 555), organic decline of 1%
- Revenues increased 17% to MSEK 44 485 (38 074), organic growth of 10%
- Operating profit reached MSEK 10 117 (8 378), corresponding to a margin of 22.7% (22.0)
- Adjusted operating profit, excluding items affecting comparability, was MSEK 10 110 (8 469), corresponding to a margin of 22.7% (22.2)
- Profit before tax amounted to MSEK 9 928 (8 448)
- Basic earnings per share were SEK 1.60 (1.34)
- Operating cash flow at MSEK 6 581 (5 705)
- Return on capital employed was 30% (29)
Near-term demand outlook
Atlas Copco expects that the customers’ activity level will weaken compared to the third quarter.
Previous near-term demand outlook (published July 19, 2023):
Atlas Copco expects that the customer activity level will weaken somewhat compared to the current high level.
Quarterly and annual financial data in Excel format can be found at:
For more information please contact:
This information is information that Atlas Copco AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the contact person set out above, at 12:00 CEST on October 25, 2023.
Atlas Copco Group
Great ideas accelerate innovation. At Atlas Copco we have been turning industrial ideas into business-critical benefits since 1873. By listening to our customers and knowing their needs, we deliver value and innovate with the future in mind. In 2022, Atlas Copco Group had revenues of BSEK 141 and at year end about 49 000 employees.