Third-quarter report 2020
October 22, 2020
Sequential improvement but below previous year
The comparison figures presented in this report refer to previous year unless otherwise stated.
- Order intake decreased 11% to MSEK 24 246 (27 102), organic decline of 6%
- Revenues reached MSEK 24 849 (26 676), organic decline of 2%
- Adjusted operating profit, excluding items affecting comparability, decreased 15% to MSEK 5 021
(5 880), corresponding to a margin of 20.2% (22.0)
- Reported operating profit was MSEK 4 760 (5 843), corresponding to a margin of 19.2% (21.9)
- Profit before tax amounted to MSEK 4 696 (5 778)
- Basic earnings per share were SEK 2.98 (3.64)
- Operating cash flow at MSEK 5 143 (4 643)
- Return on capital employed was 24% (32)
- The Board of Directors proposes a dividend of SEK 3.50 per share to be paid in the fourth quarter
Near-term demand outlook
Although the world’s economic development remains uncertain, Atlas Copco expects that the demand for the Group’s products and services will remain at current level.
Previous near-term demand outlook (published July 16, 2020):
Although the world’s economic development remains uncertain, Atlas Copco expects that the near-term demand for the Group´s equipment and services will improve somewhat compared to the level in the second quarter.
Extraordinary General Meeting
Resolution for a second dividend
The Board of Directors has resolved to propose a dividend of SEK 3.50 per share which will be paid for the fiscal year 2019, corresponding to a total of MSEK 4 256. Accordingly, the Board of Directors will issue a notice to an Extraordinary General Meeting on November 26, 2020. Record date for the payment will be November 30, 2020. The Board also proposes a change in the Articles of Association to include a possibility to allow voting by post and to collect proxies before general meetings. Further details regarding the Extraordinary General Meeting will be provided shortly in a separate notice for the meeting.
Quarterly and annual financial data in Excel format can be found at:
For more information please contact:
This information is information that Atlas Copco AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the contact person set out above, at 08:30 CEST on October 22, 2020.
Atlas Copco Group
Great ideas accelerate innovation. At Atlas Copco we have been turning industrial ideas into business-critical benefits since 1873. By listening to our customers and knowing their needs, we deliver value and innovate with the future in mind.
Atlas Copco is based in Stockholm, Sweden with customers in more than 180 countries. In 2019, Atlas Copco had revenues of BSEK104 (BEUR 10) and at year end about 39 000 employees.