Atlas Copco third-quarter report 2018
October 19, 2018
Solid profitability, weaker demand in some customer segments
The figures presented in this report refer to continuing operations unless otherwise stated.
- Orders increased 6% to MSEK 23 440 (22 062), an organic decline of 1%
- Revenues increased 13% to MSEK 23 675 (21 033), organic growth of 6%
- Operating profit increased to MSEK 5 263 (5 002), including items affecting comparability of MSEK -59 (+336)
- Adjusted operating profit margin was 22.5% (22.2)
- Profit before tax amounted to MSEK 5 168 (4 780)
- Profit for the period was MSEK 3 899 (3 555)
- Basic earnings per share were SEK 3.21 (2.92)
- Operating cash flow was MSEK 3 373, roughly in line with previous year for continuing operations
Near-term demand outlook
The customer demand is expected to be somewhat lower, mainly due to the semiconductor and automotive industries. Previous near-term demand outlook (published July 20, 2018): Demand from most customer segments is expected to remain at current high level. Equipment demand from the semiconductor industry is expected to be somewhat lower in the near-term.
For more information please contact:
- Daniel Althoff, Vice President Investor Relations +46 8 743 9597 or +46 76 899 9597 [email protected]
- Sara Liljedal, Media Relations Manager +46 8 743 8060 or +46 72 144 1038 [email protected] This information is information that Atlas Copco AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the contact person set out above, at 12:00 CEST on October 19, 2018.
Atlas Copco is a world-leading provider of sustainable productivity solutions. The Group serves customers through its innovative compressors, vacuum solutions, generators, pumps, power tools and assembly systems. Atlas Copco develops products and services focused on productivity, energy efficiency, safety and ergonomics. The company was founded in 1873, is based in Stockholm, Sweden, and has a global reach spanning more than 180 countries. In 2017, Atlas Copco (excluding Epiroc AB) had revenues of BSEK 86 (BEUR 9) and about 34 000 employees.