Our goals and how we’re doing
In the People area, we have three goals:
- Our employees should agree we have a work culture of respect, fairness and openness. The level at which employees agree with the statement should be above a global benchmark for such employee surveys.
- Our employees should agree there is opportunity to learn and grow in the company. The level at which employees agree with the statement should be above a global benchmark for such employee surveys.
- To achieve an improved gender balance, with 30% women by 2030.
How we're doing
- The level at which employees agreed with the two statements in 2019 and 2021 was above the global benchmark for such survey questions.
- The employee survey results are shared across the entire organization, with each department expected to make an action plan for improvement on the results.
- Even with these positive results, we must work continuously to strengthen and maintain our culture of respect, fairness and openness.
- In 2020, the percentage of women in the company increased from 19.8 to 20 percent.
- We still have some more work to do to ensure our workforce reflects society's diversity.
How our goals relate to the UN Global Goals
Global Goal 5: Gender equality
- Atlas Copco promotes inclusion and diversity and strives to improve the gender balance at all levels in the Group. The percentage of women in the organization was 19.8% at year end. The President and CEO has established and chairs a Diversity and Inclusion Council and the business areas and divisions have established their own related task forces.
Global Goal 8: Decent work and economic growth
- Atlas Copco requires all business partners to comply with the Business Code of Practice, our code of conduct. Child labor or forced labor is not tolerated and compliance is assessed and audited. Atlas Copco ensures the right to collective bargaining and expects the same of our business partners.