Our goals and how we’re doing
In the Ethics area we have five goals:
- 100 percent of our employees should sign our Business Code of Practice, or code of conduct.
- 100 percent of our employees should be trained in the Business Code of Practice.
- 100 percent of our managers in risk countries should lead trainings in the Business Code of Practice.
- 100 percent of our significant suppliers should sign the Business Code of Practice.
- 100 percent of our significant distributors should sign the Business Code of Practice.
How we're doing
- We are proud of our internal ethics results, which show high employee commitment to our code of conduct.
- For the employee-related ethics goals, we achieved 99 percent on each target in 2020. Amongst significant suppliers 93 percent signed our code of conduct and amongst significant distributors 84 percent signed.
- We have more work to do in increasing the engagement of our distributors.
How our goals relate to the UN Global Goals
Global Goal 8: Decent work and economic growth
- Atlas Copco requires all business partners to comply with the Business Code of Practice, our code of conduct. Child labor or forced labor is not tolerated and compliance is assessed and audited. Atlas Copco ensures the right to collective bargaining and expects the same of our business partners.
Global Goal 16: Peace, justice and strong institutions
- We have zero tolerance for corruption. This is clearly communicated in our Business Code of Practice. Atlas Copco requires all employees to sign their compliance with our code of conduct and to take annual trainings in how to handle ethical dilemmas. Business partners are expected to confirm their compliance with criteria based on our Business Code of Practice.