Our approach to sustainability
We want to be part of the solution for a better tomorrow. We recognize that our long-term success depends on how we behave towards our colleagues, business partners, society and the planet. Learn more about our approach to sustainability – it’s all connected.
How do we make sustainability a part of everything we do?
- Our culture of collaboration and inclusion drives our success.
- We live by the highest ethical standards.
- The products we make are designed with sustainability in mind.
- We look after each other’s safety and well-being.
- We make sure our processes minimize our impact on the environment.
- We measure success against the triple bottom line of people, planet and profit.
- We see this as the right way to grow our business – for a healthier, happier and better place to work and live.
Responsibility and accountability for results
Every three years Group Management review and approve new Group goals, all of which are related to and ensure our sustainability. Every level of the organization has responsibility for setting targets in line with the goals and every level has accountability for the results.
Safety, Health, Environment and Quality managers in the operational entities and divisions play an important role in supporting the organization’s sustainability work. At the corporate level, a sustainability team and controller provide coordination and support to the entire organization, working closely with a SHEQ representative from each business area.
Click on the governance and accountability pyramid for a larger view.
Read more about our goals and how we measure success.