Atlas Copco Second-quarter report 2019
Orders and revenue growth with sustained high profitability
The figures for previous year in this report refer to continuing operations unless otherwise stated
Near-term demand outlook
- Orders increased 6% to MSEK 26 565 (25 120), organic growth of 2%
- Revenues were MSEK 25 580 (24 461), organic growth of 1%
- Adjusted operating profit, excluding items affecting comparability, increased 2% to MSEK 5 622 (5 485), corresponding to a margin of 22.0% (22.4)
- Reported operating profit was MSEK 5 379 (5 430), corresponding to a margin of 21.0% (22.2)
- Profit before tax amounted to MSEK 5 315 (5 229)
- Basic earnings per share were SEK 3.36 (3.21)
- Operating cash flow at MSEK 2 369 (approx. 3 200)
- Return on capital employed was 33% (31)
The demand for Atlas Copco’s products and services is expected to be somewhat lower than the level in the second quarter.
Previous near-term demand outlook (published April 25, 2019):
The demand for Atlas Copco’s products and services is expected to stay at current level.
For more information please contact:
This information is information that Atlas Copco AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the contact person set out above, at 12.00 CEST on July 15, 2019.
Atlas Copco Group
Great ideas accelerate innovation. At Atlas Copco we have been turning industrial ideas into business-critical benefits since 1873. By listening to our customers and knowing their needs, we deliver value and innovate with the future in mind.
Atlas Copco is based in Stockholm, Sweden with customers in more than 180 countries and about 37 000 employees. Revenues of BSEK 95/BEUR 9 in 2018.