Test Technician (Engineering)
- Functional area: Product Management
- Country: Canada (Ontario)
- City: Burlington / Ontario
- On-Site/Remote: On-Site
- Brand: Atlas Copco, CPC Pumps International
- Company name: CPC Pumps International Inc
- Date of Posting: March 4, 2023
Our solutions are a key part of most industries - electronics, medical research, renewable energy, food production, infrastructure and many more. Working with us means working with the latest technologies and groundbreaking, sustainable innovations.
Join us on our journey for a better tomorrow.
CPC Pumps International Inc. is a part of the Atlas Copco Group, a world-leading industrial group present in more than 180 countries, over the span of approximately 150 years. It is a company that serves customers with innovative compressor, vacuum, power, and industrial technologies. CPC Pumps specializes in designing, manufacturing, testing, and servicing of engineered heavy duty process centrifugal pumps (fully API 610 Compliant) for the CCUS, Green Energy / Circular Economy, H2, LNG, Chem-Petrochem and power-generating industry since 1957.
CPC Pumps is looking for a talented professional to join our team to fill the role of Test Technician (Engineering).
The Test Technician is responsible for setup and performance testing of centrifugal pumps.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Plan, schedule, and supervise setup of testing activities in coordination with production and engineering groups
• Perform Testing of API 610 centrifugal pumps (overhung, vertical, and between bearing pumps).
• Supervise shop test employees and work closely with them to ensure proper setup and operation of the test stand.
• Troubleshoot testing problems and coordinate with hydraulics, production, and engineering teams to resolve any issues
• Generate pump test curves for review and processing by the hydraulics manager
What you can expect from us?
• Competitive compensation package
• Excellent benefits and pension plan
• Career advancement
• Company social events
• Paid time off
What we expect of you?
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Well organized and able to prioritize tasks
• Proven self-starter with strong work ethic, high energy, and positive attitude
• Must be safety and environmentally focused
Education and/or Experience
• Mechanical Engineering Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) or Mechanical Technologist Diploma
• 1 to 5 years of experience with rotating equipment
• Pump test and machinery vibration experience is an asset
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel
• Auto CAD experience is an asset
• Fluid mechanics is an asset
• Ability to work in industrial environments including extremes in temperature with continuous walking, reaching, bending, and kneeling
• Comfortably able to perform repetitive motions using finger, wrist, and shoulders
• Ability to remain standing for long periods of time
• Ability to work in a high noise area
• Ability to work around overhead cranes, forklifts, machines, and equipment
• Must wear personal protective equipment, including safety glasses and steel toed boots
• Must be aware of and comply with all relevant safety policy and procedures
Burlington / Ontario
Last Day to Apply
Diverse by nature and inclusive by choice
Bright ideas come from all of us. The more unique perspectives we embrace, the more innovative we are. Together we build a culture where difference is valued and we share a deep sense of purpose and belonging.