Sourcing Engineer (f/m/d)
- Functional area: Purchasing
- Country: Germany
- City: Cologne
- On-Site/Remote: Hybrid
- Brand: Atlas Copco
- Company name: Leybold GmbH
- Date of Posting: September 19, 2023
- Last date to apply: September 29, 2023
Our solutions are a key part of most industries - electronics, medical research, renewable energy, food production, infrastructure and many more. Working with us means working with the latest technologies and groundbreaking, sustainable innovations.
Join us on our journey for a better tomorrow.
Your mission is to develop suppliers which support our continuous drive for improvement in our spare part business area. As a sourcing engineer, you are responsible to develop the operational behavior of your supplier base and to optimize your commodity group. In close co-operation with the colleagues in the Belgium DC, you support the development of the customer experience through logistic excellence in our aftermarket.
- Developing a customer experience by supporting our DC Hoeselt planning team in escalations on stockouts for critical & fast-moving items.
- Coordination & communication with internal stakeholders for parts allocation and vendor performance improvements
- Create and drive solutions to improve the on-time-delivery (OTD) and lead times with external vendors.
- Maintain and keep the vendor and purchase information up to date in SAP
- As purchaser of non-leading buyer suppliers, you should reduce the total cost and supplying risk (e.g.: short lead time, flexible and reliable supplying) through commercial contract and price negotiations
- Manage “Obsolete From Manufacturing” parts and the suppliers by reducing the number of vendors and improve the delivery and sustainability of these spare parts.
- We are looking for an enthusiastic and result-driven professional with a passion for finding procurement and planning solutions in the aftermarket.
- You like to connect with your colleagues in our Belgium DC (Hoeselt) on a regular basis
- A bachelor’s degree preferably in economics or supply chain. Master’s degrees are considered as a plus.
- A first experience in supplier management and good knowledge on negotiation, commercial bargaining is a plus
- Mastering German and English (verbal and written) is a must
- You are comfortable with SAP and have a good understanding of Office applications like Excel
- You have high energy and motivation levels and feel comfortable in a fast paced, change oriented environment
- You enjoy working independently and you are a strong team player
Location: Although we are a global team this position will be based in the DC in Hoeselt or Cologne.
Diverse by nature and inclusive by choice
Bright ideas come from all of us. The more unique perspectives we embrace, the more innovative we are. Together we build a culture where difference is valued and we share a deep sense of purpose and belonging.