Lead firmware Engineer
- Functional area: Research and Development
- Country: India
- City: Pune
- On-Site/Remote: Hybrid
- Brand: Atlas Copco
- Company name: Atlas Copco (India) Ltd.
- Date of Posting: November 21, 2023
- Last date to apply: December 6, 2023
Our solutions are a key part of most industries - electronics, medical research, renewable energy, food production, infrastructure and many more. Working with us means working with the latest technologies and groundbreaking, sustainable innovations.
Join us on our journey for a better tomorrow.
Atlas Copco is a leading global Industrial Group having vision of "First in Mind, First in Choice". Our culture is founded on three core values of commitment, interaction and innovation. They guide us in everything we do and reflect how we behave internally and in our relationships with our stakeholders.
Digital Technology Practice at GECIA (Global Engineering Centre, India), part of Atlas Copco, is contributing significantly to vision of the Group by focusing on developing global talent, expanding portfolio and competence on futuristic competencies, driving Innovation and achieving operational excellence to drive customer success.
As Lead Firmware Engineer your mission will be to be part of cross-function team of electronics, software and mechanical engineers working on our next generation of cryogenic vacuum pumps and chillers. You will be able to demonstrate a methodical and detailed approach towards firmware development.
Responsibilities of this role are
- Detailing requirements, software implementation, integration & some level of system testing.
- Design and develop multi-threaded Embedded applications for Vaccum Pumps and Compressors.
- Understanding legacy products development and their working principles.
- Participate in developing test suites for validation and testing.
- Maintain and management of source code.
- Working as part of team to deliver on-time & right-first-time solutions
- Assist in the development, maintenance, and execution of automated tests
- Participate in Agile ceremonies.
To Succeed , you will need:
- A graduate degree in electronics or computers.
- Desired 8+ yrs of industry experience.
- Hands on coding in C++ in embedded environment. ( System programming )
- Experience and extensive knowledge Linux device driver development for EEPROM, SPI, CAN, SERIAL, FLASH devices.
- Proficient in using Git for version control.
- Knowledge of working with open-source software communities
- Proficient with implementing unit tests for software including test driven development.
- Experience with Linux administration of build environments and custom embedded distributions.
- Knowledge of working with the kernel development community
- Proficient of Linux kernel and ARM microprocessor peripheral driver development
- Proficient of U-Boot or other standard boot loaders
- Solid embedded experience - Yocto or Buildroot
- Proficient with shell scripting
- Proficient with working with hardware, schematics, and datasheets.
- Familiar with network programming in Linux (TCP, UDP)
- Knowledge of creating a board support package
- Proficient with Make files or build systems
- Experience with testing applications developer unit test
- Familiar with debugging tools and profiling tools
- Knowledge of network configuration and debugging
- Desired familiarity with various Operating Systems such as, Windows CE, Linux
- Ability to work closely with Hardware & SQA team members as well as small teams to complete tasks.
- Has a proactive, self-motivated approach to solving problems.
In Return we offer you:
- An opportunity to work with 150 years old, leading global product company
- An opportunity where you are empowered to drive your own professional journey through research and development.
- A challenging role focused on developing new systems with the help of advanced embedded technology.
- Global exposure and opportunities through internal mobility
- Freedom and authority to act
- A culture where we care about each other and world around us
- Best in class total reward program covering Insurances, Higher Education, flexible work timing
Last Day to Apply
Diverse by nature and inclusive by choice
Bright ideas come from all of us. The more unique perspectives we embrace, the more innovative we are. Together we build a culture where difference is valued and we share a deep sense of purpose and belonging.