Advanced Manufacturing Engineer, Co-op
- Functional area: Manufacturing
- Country: United States (Massachusetts)
- City: Chelmsford
- On-Site/Remote: On-Site
- Brand: Atlas Copco, Edwards
- Company name: Edwards Vacuum, LLC
- Date of Posting: March 3, 2023
- Last date to apply: June 3, 2023
Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Specialists work to ensure that their programs deliver to the Divisional manufacturing strategy within agreed timelines, budgetary requirements and with Voice of the Customer, Safety, and Quality built into program requirements.
These Specialists are responsible for bringing nextGeneration manufacturing technologies, skills and workflows to the Vacuum Semi Chamber Division through continuous coaching, demonstration and leadership. In doing so enabling agile, adaptive and operational excellence across the Product Company portfolio.
This specific Co-op Engineer role within Advanced Mfg will support the team to execute a multitude of engineering projects in the Division. An exciting aspect of this Co-op will be the variety of projects that could be assigned across our spectrum of activity.
Examples would be:
- Edwards Vacuum is preparing for a brand new factory in Haverhill, MA to open in Spring 2022, dozens of new pieces of technology need to be researched and recommended to get us ready for our World Class new facility on time
- This Divisional role supports projects for our Mexico and Japan operations as well so research projects to support them are likely
- Pilot new equipment and processes
- Help us get ready for Factory 4.0 by researching and Piloting Smart tools
- Document new fixtures and tooling using Autocad (2D) and ProE (3D)CAD software
- Pilot and program Digital equipment and Automation opportunities
- Work closely with the Chelmsford Manufacturing Engineers to adopt best practices that enhance Product Company operations.
- Drive Chelmsford PC pilots, trials, and Lean deployments to ready us for Haverhill
- Coach and drive Lean principles (Kanban, Single Piece Flow, Value Stream Mapping) to the factory floor
Current Engineering Student seeking a Bachelor’s in Industrial, Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering or closely related discipline.
Students should have completed Sophmore year before the start of the Co-op (ie. Rising Juniors)
Prefer students that are open to a 2nd or 3rd Co-op Session in the future
Fall 2021 and Spring 2021 sessions will be in Chelmsford, MA. Summer of 2022 and beyond would be in Haverhill, MA
Strong communications skills, ability to be a self starter, creative problem solver
- Will be assigned 2-3 Semester long projects with the goal of completing them in an organized fashion ready for a hand-off to either the next Co-op or Engineer
- Less formal technical task assignments will arise where the Co-op will be assisting others to complete projects more timely
Edwards is a global leader of vacuum and abatement. We are proud to lead the industry, pushing the boundaries of science to deliver innovative products which are intrinsic to everyday life, working in partnership with our customers and continually setting new standards.
With over 100 years of rich heritage, Edwards is the partner of choice for tens of thousands of customers in critical applications around the world. Vacuum is required in diverse sectors, from the generation of power to the production of steel, to the challenging environments of space simulation and high energy physics research. Everywhere you find vacuum requirements, you will find Edwards leading the way.
From medicines to mobile phones, from computers to coffee beans, to cars and chemicals, we pride ourselves in making a difference to people’s lives. And we do it responsibly, ensuring that we innovate sustainably, whilst helping our customers to maintain their competitive advantage and operational excellence.
Edwards is part of the Atlas Copco Group (NASDAQ OMX Stockholm: ATCO A, ATCO B), a Sweden-based provider of industrial productivity solutions.