Team Lead -Manufacturing PFL
- Functional area: Manufacturing
- Country: United States (South Carolina)
- City: Rock Hill
- On-Site/Remote: On-Site
- Brand: Atlas Copco
- Company name: Power Technique North America LLC
- Date of Posting: February 14, 2023
- Last date to apply: June 1, 2023
Atlas Copco is a world-leading provider of sustainable productivity solutions. Customers benefit from our innovative compressors, vacuum solutions and air treatment systems, construction equipment, power tools and assembly systems.
We at Atlas Copco believe that there is always a better way. This spirit drives us to provide leading edge technology, innovative and sustainable products, as well as best in class service to our customers around the globe.
That is where you come in – we believe our people make it happen. We provide a collaborative, inclusive and flexible work environment along with competitive compensation and comprehensive wellness & benefits programs.
Who We Are – Atlas copco Power Technique
The mission is to assemble Products on-time & in shortest lead-time, with best & sustainable Quality, at the lowest cost, respecting Safety, Health & Environment guidelines.
Lead the Manufacturing Teams
- Promote the culture of safety behavior through Lead by Example.
- Promote engagement of the employees through safety talks / safety audits / safety kaizens to identify risk observations
- Identify and compete the actions in timely manner to make workplace safer
- Implement and sustain workplace management programs through 5S
- Drive the manufacturing team improve overall quality of the products coming out of the line
- Create culture of First time Right through timely analysis of issues and resolution for defect free assembly & testing
- Participate in TCM / PQM to support analysis and closure of actions for quality issues reported from field
- Ensure availability of resources for operators (Work instructions / right tooling / right material) to ensure first time right assembly
- Lead and drive the Flow team in coordination with production line leaders, Methods and SCM planning team so as to deliver the products to meet the customer requirement on time
- Adjust the workload by employee and anticipate up-down capacity needs based on demand from customer center
- Promote culture of continuous improvement to eliminate the waste and implement the world class manufacturing practices, in concurrence with Atlas Copco Lean principles and support to achieve the highest customer satisfaction, product quality and profitability.
- Avoid scrap from operator, contain re-work from operator
- Respect and improve the Standard time of assembly
- Reduce throughput time
- Optimize the labour & POVH cost
- Competency Assessment, employee involvement in kaizen to attain the Safety and Quality goals.
- Facilitate team work to have cordial and productive relations amongst the management and employees
- Evaluate the individual performance via the Matrix skill & make appraisals. As consequence, define training plan to develop the employee’s competence, and to reach more flexibility.
- Motivate the Employee to have a good team spirit, taking challenges, generating ideas for improvements & innovation, to be open for quick implementation of changes.
- Make monthly reports (on-time & pertinent) to communicate on trends & on commitment status.
- Promote and ensure the Group’s Core Values Interaction, Commitment and Innovation, guidelines and policies laid down in The Way We Do Things
Lead a Methods team, responsible for:
- PokaYoke build-in Quality by using DC tools & DRM operator guidance
- Right-from-me concept to be deployed at each station
- Automation when possible, like auto-fluid selection, auto-test …
- Maximize operator presence by anticipating accident, having Ergonomic stations, through Kaizen and audit
- Design Flexible lines & tools able to assemble different products
- Reduce rework by an active route cause analysis from FTR Andon
- Promote 5S solutions & audit
- Ensure equipment maintenance to avoid line stoppage
Design a world class line balancing, with the lowest Throughput time, thanks to the use of AVIX, and the design of the most efficient & ergonomic stations, allowing different combination according to the volumes seasonality. Resulting in efficiency gain > +3.5% per year
- Optimize environment footprint in operation (scrap, CO2 in test …)
- Track investments payback
- Active members of NPD and DN improvement process
- IMS (ISO 9001, 14000 & OHSAS) mandatory, legal & internal requirement fulfilment for manufacturing, including Hazard identification & risk assessment
Contribute to a Kaizen & Innovation Process
- Benchmark competition and market technology trends, to bring new way of working that could increase Quality and Cost leadership (Virtual Reality, Augmented reality, AGV, Automation, AVIX, MES, …)
- Develop networking in USA industry, other PCs, Divisions, to have the best supplier base using the best production process.
- Lead the Kaizen Visual Board from operators to introduce Quickly their ideas
- Create best practices by formalizing the Assembly knowledge
- Respect & Contribute actively to the SHE procedures (Safety, Health, Environment)
- Promote ideas for continuous improvement & innovation
- Interact on-time, with transparency & commitment with colleagues & managers
- Maintain respectful and polite relationship with all contacts.
- Promotes Group Core values: Interaction, Commitment, and Innovation in order to reach the vision “First in Mind - First in Choice”.
What you can expect from us?
Do you take ownership in what you do? Do you like being proud of what you do? Do you want to work for a company that will support your professional development and offers best-in class working conditions and benefits?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
What we offer:
We offer amazing medical insurance benefits, maternity and paternity leave, Employee Assistance Programs, gym membership reimbursement, rewards for wellness checkups, and many more unbeatable benefits
We contribute up to 8% of your salary into your 401K – full vested in 2 years
We have a generous vacation and paid holiday schedule, including end of year shutdown
We’ll give you free healthy lunch every Wednesday!
You’ll work in a climate controlled, state of the art facility where you’ll enjoy what you do and will be treated with respect
We’ll pay you one thousand five hundred dollars every time you refer a friend or family member that gets hired
We offer education assistance
We have a self-service food market in our breakroom
Our employees stay and grow within the company
Start your journey today!
Power Technique North America LLC (PTNA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: PTNA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at PTNA are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sec (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. PTNA will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PTNA encourages applicants of all ages.
Accessibility Notice: If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: [email protected] or call 973-397-3400. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
What we expect of you?
- Technical degree from a recognized University, in (Mechanical/ Production/ Industrial) Engineering or other relevant experience
- 10+ years’ experience in Lean Manufacturing, with large team management experience of Operators & Methods.
- 5+ years in the role of manufacturing management
- Technical knowledge on compressor/generator/pumps, engine, cooler, electric panel is a benefit
- Expert in Lean Manufacturing concept (5OK), automation … and technology trends like Industry 4.0
- A clear vision, ability to achieve results from action plans deriving from a formalized Strategy & Tactic
- Knowledge in IMS, Quality concept (6sigma,5S, FMEA, 8D …) & Safety
- Project Management proven record, like implementation of a new line
- Exposition to International business environment & Large company
- Fluent in English
- Use of IT tools like ERP (BPCS/SAP), MES, AVIX, MS-Excel, MS-Project, SharePoint
- Good communication at Multi-level
- High ability to coordinate Team work, & to influence others, for optimum motivation
- Able to deal with deadlines, being Customer Oriented
- Analytical approach to problem solving capability, with the sense of Reactivity.
- Positive attitude, constantly raising the performance bar, being proactive
- Curiosity, out the box thinking, for continuous improvement leadership.
- Strong sense of ownership, ability to lead until a successful conclusion with a never give-up attitude.
- Reliable & organized in your work
Work ethics requirements
You are an Innovator, striving to create better solutions and ways, to challenge the status quo
You value high standards, always finding better ways and not compromising on quality
You are customer-focused, and you embrace entrepreneurial thinking on all the way from identifying the customer needs to bringing the added value
You are resilient & agile, and you find opportunities in an ever-changing environment
You are open-minded & collaborative to accept new ideas, can learn from mistakes, willing to work in team
You are result-oriented, with “can do” attitude ready to go beyond the job description scope to find the best solution
You are passionate for making a better world, a true believer with full alignment on personal values
Passionate people create exceptional things
Did you know that the solutions we develop are a key part of most industries? Electronics, medical research, renewable energy, food production, infrastructure and many more. We´re everywhere!
Working with us means working with the latest technologies and groundbreaking, sustainable innovations. With our inclusive and caring environment, you get the support and inspiration you need to grow. Here, your ideas are embraced, and you never stop learning.
Interested in being part of our team? Join us on our journey for a better tomorrow.