Responsible for providing controls engineering and design with technical guidance to assure controls documentation is released in accordance with Atlas Copco design specifications, customer specifications, and appropriate electrical codes, while providing a safe and operational compressor. Works directly with the controls engineers, programmers and other departments (as requested) to improve engineering processes, product performance, reduce cost, and simplify production.
• Serve as the technical leader/consultant for the controls engineers and designers or as requested by department managers
• Provide technical training to the engineering department as well as other departments as deemed necessary
• Provide technical support and solutions to customer meetings as requested/needed
• Provide creative and alternative thinking to develop new ideas/designs and resolutions for assembly or site issues
• Actively participate in companywide process improvements, cost reduction and employee training
• Actively take responsibility for achieving larger corporate goals
• Stay up-to-date with new technology in the field of instrumentation and control systems and other turbo machinery packaging solutions
• Troubleshooting support for Field Service and Engineering department
• International/domestic travel may be required to support New Unit Sales, Field Service, Project Management, Engineering, and R&D
• Experience using ERP, SAP preferred. MS Office software including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
• Complete additional projects assigned by the Package Engineering Manager To comply with Safety Rules, Regulations and OSHA Requirements
Skills and experience
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or similar field.
• 8+ years’ experience working in an engineering environment.
• Working knowledge of electrical codes (NEC, IEC, ATEX, UL, CSA, etc) and technical specifications related to turbomachinery.
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills including communication, teamwork, and ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
Are we a good fit?
Choose your career with us!
Drive your Career, Explore Opportunities, Realize your Passion...
We at Atlas Copco beleive that there is always a better way. The spirit drives us to provide leading edge technology, innovative and sustainable products, as well as best in class service to our customers around the globe.
That's where you come in - we believe our people make it happen. We provide a collaborative, inclusive and flexible work environment along with competetive compensation and comprehensive wellness and benefits programs.
Start your journey today!
We add value wherever we do business
The Atlas Copco Group serves customers through innovative compressors, vacuum solutions, generators, pumps, power tools and assembly systems. We are a global and diverse Group of many strong brands and around 34 000 employees representing different cultures in more than 180 countries. We have a wide range of positions so whatever your interests or area of expertise, we offer interesting challenges and the opportunity to grow.
Passionate people create exceptional things. We believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading edge technology enables us to innovate for a sustainable future. We believe that people make it happen and with us you are empowered to act. Your ideas can make a real difference and contribute to the quality of life for people everywhere.
Learn more at www.atlascopcogroup.com