Field Service Engineer
We are the world leader in compressed air service. Do you want to be part of our team?
Atlas Copco have an opportunity in the Midlands region, for a dynamic and experienced field service engineer.
What does the job involve…?
- Providing exceptional service to our customer base by identifying and applying the best solutions.
- Daily travel in Midlands – mainly Birmingham.
- Supporting colleagues in the back office with technical information through detailed written reports.
- Being an ambassador of Atlas Copco, promoting us to be First in Mind - First in Choice ®
- To promptly carry out servicing and maintenance on customer compressed air equipment of all types, including competitor’s equipment.
- To effectively diagnose mechanical and electrical faults on customer compressed air equipment, Atlas Copco equipment plus competitor’s equipment.
- To carry out the install and commissioning of new equipment.
- To have the ability to carry out installation work when required.
- To train customers and Atlas Copco personnel as required, in the general operations of their compressed air equipment.
- To identify spare parts for service orders, in the course of daily duties.
- To be aware of, and apply, Health and Safety regulations at all times on customers sites.
- To apply good standards of engineering practice at all times, when carrying out all aspects of service work and installation projects.
- To maintain all personnel test instruments, to ensure they remain in good condition at all times
- To effectively promote the Atlas Copco Compressor’s company image.
- To perform additional related duties as required.
What you can expect from us…?
- A positive team-working atmosphere, encouraging innovation and collaboration.
- Onsite training with an experienced Field Service Engineer for your initial months.
- Additional training from the Technical support team, throughout your career.
- We will provide you with a laptop and mobile phone to keep you connected out in the field.
- Full PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), because your safety is our priority.
- Ongoing support – Regular contact with your team through monthly ‘Toolbox’ meetings, plus a dedicated Regional Team Leader within your geographical region.
- A career…We value our employees, we invest in their training and developing, and we will give you the opportunity to grow and progress within the company.
We would like you to have this background / experience…
- Compressor experience would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Previous experience in an electrical or mechanical position, ideally you will be dual skilled.
- Experience in a rotating equipment service environment, would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Mechanical or electrical qualification. Although, we understand you might be qualified by experience.
- Full UK driving licence – ideally it will be clean but if not, will have less than 4 points
- Excellent computer literacy, with ability to learn new systems.
Do you know who we are and what we do….?
Atlas Copco Compressors forms part of the Atlas Copco group, which was established in Sweden in 1873.
The Atlas Copco Group is a market-leading provider of sustainable productivity solutions (in the areas of compressors, vacuum, construction and mining equipment, power tools and assembly systems). And with over 40,000 employees worldwide, there are plenty of opportunities to find your next world class challenge.
Watch our ‘Atlas Copco Everywhere’ video to find out more… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnnfuCXImXc
We add value wherever we do business
The Atlas Copco Group serves customers through innovative compressors, vacuum solutions, generators, pumps, power tools and assembly systems. We are a global and diverse Group of many strong brands and around 34 000 employees representing different cultures in more than 180 countries. We have a wide range of positions so whatever your interests or area of expertise, we offer interesting challenges and the opportunity to grow.
Passionate people create exceptional things. We believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading edge technology enables us to innovate for a sustainable future. We believe that people make it happen and with us you are empowered to act. Your ideas can make a real difference and contribute to the quality of life for people everywhere.
Learn more at www.atlascopcogroup.com