The Human Resources (HR) Manager, reporting to the General Manager (GM) within a matrix organization, is responsible for developing and implementing a HR strategy and initiatives together with four direct reports and with the support of our global HR network. They shall lead an employee-oriented high performance culture emphasizing quality, productivity, goal attainment, and empowerment. It is also critical they work in partnership with the company's leadership team to support the business in driving growth and success.
- Be responsible for all aspects of HR in the company, such as recruitment and selection, learning and development, talent management, HR department management, compensation and benefits, employee relations, and mobility, while also working in our Atlas Copco Group HR network to capitalize on synergies and help shape our global HR strategy.
- Work in partnership with managers to understand their HR needs for their departments.
- Develop, implement, and actively manage people focused HR strategy and initiatives that address manager needs, align to business objectives, close gaps, and contribute to business results.
- Ensure all employees understand the HR strategy and the resources available to them.
- Support and coach the management team on all HR matters, using credibility and strong relationships to be able to challenge and coach in a high performance environment.
- Work in partnership on projects to aid continuous improvement and implement improvement programs (working practices, organizational change, business “excellence” or lean programs, other).
- Monitor, measure, and report on HR issues, opportunities, and development plans and achievements within agreed formats and timescales.
- Keep up to date with HR legislation by researching and attending necessary events, before providing suitable interpretation to managers.
- Ensure ongoing HR related policies and processes are most efficient and communicated effectively to ensure accessibility for all employees at all times.
- Manage HR services (benefits, payroll, other) in a way which ensures all employees understand the services available to them and sees the value in those services.
- Highlight and help resolve any employee relations issues or challenges within the office.
- Keep up to date and efficient personnel files for all employees that include all necessary information.
- Coordinate corporate and local employee engagement surveys (Insight, other), interpret their results, and drive initiatives in response to improve company morale.
- Be a pro-active member of the team, always challenging convention and seeking a better way.
- Implement and continuously improve a robust recruitment process, which includes optimized methods to both attract potential employees to our company and identify candidates for specific roles.
- Create and continuously improve proactive and innovative techniques to identify, prequalify, interview, and select candidates.
- Create and continually improve job descriptions, offer letters, and contracts of employment, while managing the timely distribution of such documents.
- Continuously pursue qualified information from various sources to validate or improve our internal view on compensation levels by position and situation to ensure we optimize our competitiveness.
- Manage the collation of all documents and requirements relevant to each role prior to employment.
Training and Development
- Establish and maintain appropriate systems for identifying, planning, delivering, and measuring learning and development.
- Manage a training plan that details required training by position type within agreed/specific timing and ensure we measure/report performance.
- Manage and develop direct reports.
- Interact with the finance departments and business lines to ensure control of training and development expenses within agreed budgets.
- Interact with other managers to understand all necessary aspects of their learning and development needs, and ensure they understand all corporate learning and development objectives and resources.
- Drive strategies with managers to succession plan and ensure to align training to support the plan.
- Develop training and communications materials to support learning and development needs.
- Ensure training activities meet and integrate with company strategies and policies.
- Write and deliver training lessons to continue personal development of managers and employees throughout the company.
- Manage the organization and delivery of onboarding sessions, including writing and delivering the presentations.
- Develop an academy approach to the design of a behavioral competency framework and learning programs that support each job level within the business.
- Design, support, and continually improve our talent frameworks, tools, and resources for talent planning, performance management, and employee development.
Skills and Experience
- A 4-year university or college degree.
- 8 years HR generalist experience.
- Labor relations a plus but not a must.
- Ability to travel internationally.
Are We a Good Fit?
- Problem solving – be fact-based in objectively evaluating situations and identifying win/win solutions.
- Communication – excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills at all levels, in general and aligned to company expectations on the same.
- Teamwork – build and develop relationships with employees, strategic partners, and other external parties/organizations to the extent required to be credible and effective; resolve conflict.
- Personal drive – self-directed, resourceful and creative; able to manage own time and work autonomously; able to work on own initiative with drive and enthusiasm.
- Commercial awareness – contribute to maximizing commercial performance through controlling costs and ensuring efficiencies where possible.
- Customer focus – work to understand and exceed fair internal and external customer needs.
- Planning and organizing – manage tasks and deadlines; resolves conflicting priorities.
- IT skills – excellent competency in MS-Office programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and other relevant systems/programs (training, hiring, other) used in the company.
- Compliance – audit and monitor quality of outputs; perform against specified protocols/procedures ensuring the highest level of performance.
It is an impactful opportunity to participate in the leadership team of a dynamic organization to drive HR strategy and lead people initiatives that support sustainable profitable growth.
Choose your Career with Us!
Based out of Auburn Hills, Michigan, Atlas Copco Tools & Assembly Systems (ACTA) is the global leader in providing fastening tools and assembly equipment to a world market. We have an unparalleled reputation in our industry and one that has consistently increased our customer base year after year because of superior problem solving skills, sales and service. We work directly with manufacturers, using state-of-the-art technology to bring product lines to the market. We are the leading supplier of industrial power tools and assembly systems to the manufacturing industry - from passenger and off-road vehicles to the electronics industry, and from large bolts to small fasteners.
We add value wherever we do business
The Atlas Copco Group serves customers through innovative compressors, vacuum solutions,
generators, pumps, power tools and assembly systems.
We are a global and diverse Group of many strong brands and around
34 000 employees representing different cultures in more than 180 countries.
We have a wide range of positions so whatever your interests or area of expertise,
we offer interesting challenges and the opportunity to grow.
Learn more at www.atlascopcogroup.com