Edwards in Clevedon are looking for a Business Process Software Engineer.
At our state-of-the-art R&D and manufacturing site, located in Clevedon, North Somerset, England, we are a rapidly growing engineering and manufacturing environmental solutions organisation, that helps enable many of the innovative technologies used in the everyday consumer products we take for granted. We are expanding and developing our Clevedon site to support a massive increase in demand for our product.
The primary objectives of this role are
- To create, modify, maintain & improve databases, primarily SQL Server
- To create, modify, maintain & improve application code, primarily C#
- To ensure business continuity by delivering solutions
The Developer will support improvement of processes in Clevedon. There are no reports.
- Review, debug, compile, rework or enhance our existing Applications & Databases
- To create new Applications and Databases
- Basic Database Administration
- To maintain Task and Project documentation.
- To impart learned system, process, and software knowledge to team members throughout the duration of the employment.
- New software is to be fully documented in line with departmental procedures.
- To capture & document ‘requirements’ for software development. To create documentation for approval prior to commencing development work.
- New and modified software to be tested and validated in line with departmental procedures.
- New code is to be written using defensive coding techniques and well structured, good quality code in accordance with our internal coding standards.
- End user support.
Skills and experience:
- PC skills.
- Expert level of C# application development, including WinForms, WPF and database connectivity
- Expert level of T-SQL including DDL & DML, Stored Procedures, Functions, Jobs, Error handling
- Power BI would be an advantage
- Basic Database Administration for Microsoft SQL Server would be an advantage
- MS Access development would be an advantage
- MS Excel including Macros & automation would be an advantage
- Proficient in the use of MS Office
- Must be a good communicator and have excellent fluency in spoken and written English with the ability to explain complex issues in non-technical language
- Coaching, listening and questioning skills
- Demonstrates strong self-awareness and self-regulation especially under times of pressure
- Strong social skills with the ability to positively motivate others
- Knowledge of the ERP process would be an advantage
- Creative, Tenacious, Out of the box thinker, Can-do attitude, Professional, Communicator at all levels, Motivated, Ambitious, Self-starter, Positive outlook, Excellent team engagement
- Business or technically based degree is preferable.
The job requires:
- Must be a strong team player who is willing to work co-operatively with others. The developer is expected to respect other team members viewpoints and adopt a flexible approach to match style with other team members, existing software, internal standards, and managerial decisions.
- Developing new & existing software applications and databases
- Creating & maintaining documentation
- Deployment of software
- Basic level of Database Administration
- Maintaining project documentation, including Tasks, Plans & Schedules
- Maintaining or Creating supporting documentation for Code
- Supporting end users with ‘queries’ and ‘issues’ – help & support for our code
- At times it is expected that the developer will need to work with a high degree of independence. Planning and managing their workload to meet customer & project requirements.
- At times it is expected that the developer will need to work within a team that may include:- Management, Internal customers & stakeholders, other developers, process owners & experts.
- The role is based in Clevedon, North Somerset, UK.
- On occasion it may be necessary to work ‘out of normal hours’ to support the needs of the business.
Edwards is a global organisation and part of the Atlas Copco group, which affords employees access to potential opportunities worldwide.
We offer so much more than just a job, with variety of flexible working options, you could also enjoy a competitive salary and
- Annual Bonus starting at 7.5% bonus
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Health Cash Plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with a company contribution of up to 8%
- Life Assurance of 4 x basic salary
- Employee Referral scheme
- Learning and development opportunities including support to gain qualification
- Valued recognition programme, earning gifts, vouchers and long service awards
- Opportunity for sponsored professional qualifications such as Chartered Engineer (CEng)
- Wellbeing programme supporting physical health, mental wellbeing, social connectedness and sense of purpose including fitness app, with regular webinars
- Free parking
- Subsidised canteen
Edwards is a leading developer and manufacturer of sophisticated vacuum products, exhaust management systems and related value-added services. Edwards solutions are integral to manufacturing processes for semiconductors, flat panel displays, LEDs and solar cells. They are also used within an increasingly diverse range of industrial processes including power, glass and other coating applications; steel and other metallurgy; pharmaceutical and chemical; and for scientific instruments in a wide range of R&D applications.
Edwards has over 7,000 employees worldwide engaged in the design, manufacture and support of high technology vacuum and exhaust management equipment. Edwards has state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in Europe, Asia and North America.